The Adorama-owned ORLIT have released the Rover RT TTL, a 300Ws pack-and-head flash with TTL and HSS functions. Almost the same as the Jinbei MARS 3 TTL.
The pack is identical with the Jinbei Mars 3 pack, although the lightweight head is a bit different because ORLIT’s head has Bowens S-mount while the Jinbei head has not. On the other hand ORLIT’s flash tube protrudes from the head while Jinbei has made its head with recessed tube and frosted glass cover.
Both products however feature direct compatibility with Canon RT radio system as well as Jinbei 2.4GHz RF radio system, so if you are a Canon-user, you’ll have the ability to choose between the two taking your available flashes in consideration. If you are a Nikon- or Sony-shooter, you’ll have to use Jinbei’s own radio system.
Despite the small flash head, it includes a 10W LED modelling light and fan cooling.
Here is the speclist of the ORLIT Rover RT TTL / Jinbei MARS 3:
- 300Ws (Guide Nr. 58 – ISO 100)
- 10W LED Modelling Light (3200K), Manual & Proportional
- Fan Cooled Pack and Head
- Bowens S-Type Modifier Mount (ORLIT version only)
- Removable 14.8V / 2500mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- 300 Full Power Pops Per Battery Charge
- 0.03s – 1.3s Recycle Time
- Flash Modes: TTL / M
- HSS + Second Curtain Sync
- Manual Flash power range: 1/256 – 1/1 (1/10th increments)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5): 1/800s – 1/19.000s
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5): 1/800s – 1/8.000s
- Canon RT compatible 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- ORLIT / Jinbei 2.4GHz Radio Receiver Built-in
- Canon, Nikon, & Sony, TTL Radio Receiver Modes
- Range – 300m + with TR-Q6 Transmitter
- Optic Slave Mode
- Color Temp – Normal Mode – 5500°K ± 150°K
- Color Temp Freeze Mode – 5500°K ± 800°K
Dimensions (Head): 105×145 (mm)
Dimensions (Pack): 165x67x195 (mm)
Weight (Head with Cable): 658 grams
Weight (Pack): 1920 grams
Cable Length: 6ft / 1.8m